In this webinar Dr. Meghna Manocha would explain how the ability to learn doesn’t just depend on the genetic download from parents but also on the enriched learning environment provided to the child. She would elaborate on how the most crucial aspect is the willingness of the child to learn, without which the smartest parents and the best learning environments may yet fail to produce the smartest kid.
Overview & Key Takeaway:
- Learn about the evolution of the human brain and why infants, children, teenagers behave differently.
- What is Neuroplasticity? Principles of Neuroplasticity and the science of learning
- Enhancing learning in a positive, loving environment as opposed to a stressful, toxic
environment. How does this shape the brain?
- Importance of empathy in the relationship between a parent and child – the neuroscience
- An experiential session of Heartfulness relaxation and mediation.
Dr. Meghna Manocha is a pediatrician, currently working as a consultant in a private hospital in Bangalore, India.
Dr. Manocha holds an MD degree in pediatrics from the American board of pediatrics. After completing her postgraduate training in USA, she moved back to India in 2007 and has been practising there ever since.
Dr. Manocha has been associated with the Heartfulness system of meditation since her early teen years. She has been a practitioner and trainer of Heartfulness for nearly 25 years. In the past two years she has also been closely associated with Brighter Minds, an educational initiative to equip children with tools and methods to enhance cognitive functioning. She is part of the research team of Brighter Minds. Her researches have led her to the understanding about how learning takes place in a child’s brain and how parents can harness this for successful parenting.